Friday, February 17, 2012

What I love about my new job:

Opening the mail. (The letter opener is like a stiletto. Awesome!)

I sign for packages. (I'm practicing my autograph for when I'm an Important Person.)

Quickbooks. (Seriously. I'm being paid to learn to run accounting software for a small business. This is perfect training for a professional writer!)

Everyone else is smarter than I am. (This is going to sound really stuck up, but stay with me. I once took a quick online IQ test (and I suspect it wasn't a very high quality one, since it was free). According to that test, approximately one out of every three people I meet is as smart or smarter than I am. Most of the time I just don't see that ratio. Being surrounded by people smarter than I am is like... if I were a foreigner, it would be like walking into a room full of my own countrymen speaking my language fluently. No more translating from one language to another language every time I want to say something! No more language barriers, gaps, or mistranslations!)

There's weather! It actually rains here! And there's fog!

I ask lots of questions and no one minds. (I love asking questions. This sometimes annoys some people, usually by the fourth time they have to say 'I don't know'.)

Hazardous chemicals. (Really. We have fire extinguishers everywhere. But those little bright orange stickers on the packing slips just light up my day. I might never be a ninja or CIA secret agent, but I receive Hazardous Chemicals!)

2 comments:

CourtneyB said...

All that, and you get paid, too? I think you should give some of the money back. (;

Susan said...

And I think you have an awesome and very good-looking boss, but I am extremely prejudiced in that regard!